TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRANTS
1. The MEED Awards is an awards programme organised by EMAP Publishing Limited, based in Dubai, UAE. Any individual or organisation whether based in the UAE or internationally agrees to the following terms and conditions when submitting an entry into the awards.
2. The MEED Awards will recognise businesses across the GCC. Entrants must hold a valid trade license.
3. The entrant will supply a copy of a valid trade license.
4. The winners will be named using their business names / personal names and business name for the individual categories.
5. As part of the entry process, in submitting a registration on the awards website, details provided will be used for the purposes of marketing and communication with regards to the MEED Awards and other EMAP Publishing Limited products. Information will also be available for sponsors of the awards. If you wish to opt out of this agreement a written request must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. No comment on the results of the judging process will be communicated with entrants. We are unable to acquire or provide any reason or comment as to why entrants have been successful or unsuccessful or why a company has received an award.
7. Judges' views are independent and confidential and the final decisions and judgments on entrants and the winners are made by the awards judging panel. The opinions and decisions of MEED do not represent the judging panel named above or the organisations that they represent. Each individual judge and their respective organisations will not be held liable or accountable for the decisions made by MEED. All entrants must abide and accept these conditions as terms of entry.
8. The organisers reserve the right to exclude any entry for any reason without explanation.
9. The MEED Awards or its associate organisations, judges, endorsing organisations, supporters and media partners are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incorrect or misdirected entries, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines, or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise.
10. If you become a Finalist and do not attend the presentation to judges, please note that you will be disqualified from the awards programme and brand removed from the short-list.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TABLE BOOKING
The MEED Awards, is an award programme organised by MEED Events, part of EMAP Publishing Limited. Any individual or organisation whether based in the UAE or internationally agrees to the following terms and conditions when submitting an entry and/or booking a table/seat to attend the awards.
✔ Entry terms and conditions:
- The MEED Awards will recognise companies based in the GCC.
- The entrant will be the Business Owner or have approval from the Business Owner to submit an entry (MEED does not need to see a letter from the Business Owner).
- The winners will be named using the award entrant company.
- As part of the entry process, in submitting a registration on the awards website, details provided will be used for the purposes of marketing and communication with regards the MEED Awards and will be shared between other EMAP products. Information will also be available for sponsors of the awards. If you wish to opt out of this agreement a written request must be submitted to email@example.com.
- No comment on the results of the judging process will be communicated with entrants. We are unable to acquire or provide any reason or comment as to why entrants have been successful or unsuccessful or why a company has received an award.
- Judges' views are independent and confidential and the final decisions and judgments on entrants and project submissions and the winners are made on the MEED Awards judging panel. The opinions and decisions of MEED and the MEED Awards do not represent the judging panel named above or the organisations that they represent. Each individual judge named above and their respective organisations will not be held liable or accountable for the decisions made by the MEED Awards. All entrants must abide and accept these conditions as terms of entry.
- The entry deadline for all categories is 23:59 on 31 July 2017, late submissions will be accepted on grounds agreed with the awards team. The organisers of the event reserve the right to extend or change the entry deadline without prior notification.
- The organisers reserve the right to exclude any entry for any reason without explanation.
- The MEED Awards or its associate organisations, judges, endorsing organisations, supporters and media partners are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incorrect or misdirected entries, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines, or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise.
- These terms and conditions (the "Terms") govern the basis on which you can make bookings for tables at the event(s) run by MEED Media FZ-LLC (trade license number 18693), a company incorporated as a Free Zone Company with Limited Liability pursuant to the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Private Companies Regulations 2003 issued under Law No. 1 of 2000 of the Emirate of Dubai (as amended), whose registered office is PO Box 25960, 20th Floor, Al Thuraya Tower 1, Dubai Media City, Dubai, UAE; ("us" or "we"). All other terms and conditions of business, including any that you may send to us when placing, renewing or paying for table bookings, are excluded.
Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully. By submitting a booking request online or by email you acknowledge that you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
✔ Bookings and Payment
- 1.1 Booking requests should be submitted online or by email. Payment must be made, or authorisation to deduct payment given, at the time a booking request is submitted. No booking is guaranteed until you receive a confirmation email from us.
- 1.2 Provided you have complied with these terms and conditions we will, subject to availability, send a confirmation email to you in respect of your booking request as soon as reasonably practicable. If there is no availability we will email you to inform you that this is the case as soon as reasonably practicable. Where your booking request is refused we will process any refund due to you within 30 days of informing you of such refusal.
- 1.3 Payment may be made by either (i) bank transfer; or (ii) credit card (we accept the following credit card Visa; MasterCard; and American Express).
- 1.4 If you wish to pay by bank transfer please use the bank account details provided by us on request.
- You are responsible for paying all bank charges. If bank charges are not paid by you your booking may be refused. A payment description should be included with your payment which references your company name. Once the transfer has been made you will need to scan and email proof of payment/bank transfer confirmation, quoting your company name, in order to complete your booking.
✔ Refunds, Substitutions and Changes to the Event
- 2.1 No refunds are available once payment is made to us for table bookings or individual places. Should individual guests on your table be unable to attend, we would welcome a substitute guest attending in their place. Similarly, substitutions can be made for individual seats, at no extra charge. Please notify us by email with the name and job title of both the registered guest and the substitution guest.
- 2.2 It may be necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, to acts of god, floods, lightning, storm, fire, explosion, war, military operations, acts of terrorism or threats of any such acts, any strike action, lock-outs or other industrial action and a pandemic, epidemic or other widespread illness) to alter the advertised content, timing and/or location of the event at which you have booked a table. We reserve the right to do this at any time and we shall not be liable to you for any cost or other expenses (including wasted travel and accommodation costs) incurred by you as a consequence (including, without limitation, booking fees and travel and accommodation expenses).
- 2.3 Subject to clause 2.1, your booking is personal to you and will only entitle you and your named guests to attend the event. Other than as set out in clause 2.1 you are expressly prohibited from selling, or in any other way transferring, your booking whether in whole or part and whether in exchange for payment or otherwise, to any third party. We reserve the right to cancel your booking without refund if you breach this clause 2.3.
- 3.1 Subject to Clause 3.4, our aggregate liability to you, whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind howsoever arising, out of in connection with any booking (or requested booking) made by you or otherwise in relation to the event at which you have booked a table (or requested a booking of a table) shall be limited to the price paid by you in respect of the applicable booking.
- 3.2 Subject to Clause 3.4, we shall not be liable to you for (i) any loss of profit, loss of anticipated savings or interest, loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill or; (ii) any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind.
- 3.3 You agree to indemnify us, our staff and our affiliates and to hold us harmless to the fullest extent permitted by law, against all loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from any negligent act or omission by you (including your delegates) during or otherwise in relation to your booking and/or your attendance at the event for which you have made a table booking.
- 3.4 Nothing in this these Terms shall limit or exclude either party's liability for:
- 3.4.1 death or personal injury caused by that party's negligence, or the negligence of that party's employees, agents or subcontractors;
- 3.4.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- 3.4.3 any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
- 4.1 You warrant that you shall:
- 4.1.1 comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations relating to anti-bribery and anti-corruption including but not limited to the Bribery Act 2010;
- 4.1.2 comply with such of our anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies as are notified to you from time to time; and
- 4.1.3 promptly report to us any request or demand for any undue financial or other advantage of any kind received by or on behalf of you in connection with the performance of these Terms.
- 4.2 Breach of this clause 4 shall be deemed a material breach of these Terms.
- 5.1 A person who is not a party to the Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provisions of these Terms.
- 5.2 These Terms (together with any documents referred to herein or required to be entered into pursuant to these Terms) contain the entire agreement and understanding between us and supersede all prior agreements, understandings or arrangements (both oral and written) relating to the subject matter of these Terms and any such document (save that this shall not apply so as to limit or exclude either party's liability for fraud).
- 5.3 These Terms shall not create, nor shall they be construed as creating, any partnership or agency relationship between us.
- 5.4 Save as set out in Clause 2, you are not permitted to re-sell, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under these Terms.
- 5.5 You acknowledge and accept that we have the right to publicly announce our business relationship with you which shall include but not be limited to announcements on social media. Such announcements shall not be disparaging or otherwise adverse to your business.
- 5.6 You acknowledge and accept that we shall be entitled to charge interest on any outstanding balance owed to us accruing on a daily basis from the date that the invoice became due for payment.
- 6. The shall reimburse MEED for any damage to the venue, its employees or its property caused by the Client, its employees, agents or subcontractors for which MEED held liable under contract.
Notices shall be sent by traceable courier service, with a copy to be sent by email, to the other party at the address appearing on the first sheet (or such other address as that party shall notify in writing to the other from time to time). In the absence of proof of non-delivery, notices are deemed received two working days after being sent. For the avoidance of doubt, service shall not be validly effected by email.
Governing Law. This agreement is governed and construed with the laws of United Arab Emirates.
Dispute Resolution. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the interpretation or application of this Agreement shall be resolved by Senior Management of the parties or upon failure to agree, the parties hereby acknowledge and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the court of United Arab Emirates.